Readings in Applied Organizational Behavior from the Lueneburg Symposium Personality at Work
AbstractLeuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany, and the University of Minnesota, USA, hosted the international symposium on “Personality at Work” in Lueneburg. The symposium focussed on the role of personality traits in everyday work settings. Invited experts from academia and industry from around the world with diverse backgrounds in the applied sciences, industrial- and organizational psychology, business administration, and economics presented and discussed current research findings on personality traits in work settings as well as on state-of-the-art practices. Selected manuscripts from the symposium on “Personality at Work” are included in this book as readings in applied organizational behavior from the Lueneburg symposium. These are their topics: From groups to teams: Assessing individual differences in preparedness for team work. Using SOMC to induce empirically-based decision rules in human resource management. The influence of cultural values on entrepreneurial intentions: A comparison between British and German students. Impact of emotional intelligence on leadership effectiveness, success, and job satisfaction. Networking: Theoretical foundations and construct validity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its series Books with number 9783866182783 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.