Managing Equity and Diversity at Universities
AbstractThe demands for equal opportunities, the constructive treatment of personnel diversity and the focussed implementation of heterogeneous potential are among the greatest challenges for modern organizations. No one organization will be able to avoid these new challenges. Also universities will have to pre-occupy themselves with the moral, legal but also economic arguments for this realm. They are compelled to keep pace with modern developments, and for this reason will want to be viewed as fair employers educating younger staff who will later be confronted with international diversity demands on the labor market. This volume documents various experiences which have been collected in Managing Equity and Diversity at universities in Australia, Canada and the USA. Beyond this, there are three articles documenting Equal Opportunity circumstances at Austrian, German and Swiss universities. It was written for decision-makers of tertiary educational institutes who might want to know more about the application of Diversity Management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Rainer Hampp Verlag in its series Books with number 9783866181182 and published in 2006.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.hampp-verlag.de/
Postal: Rainer Hampp Verlag, Marktplatz 5, 86415 Mering, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rainer Hampp).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.