Applying Economics to the Environment
AbstractDistinguished by its breadth of coverage and in-depth discussions of key topics, this book looks at the implications of environmental factors for economic policy-making. As well as chapters on damage and benefit analysis, monitoring and enforcement of environmental regulation, and the special problems of developing countries and the environment, it also includes a review of relevant microeconomic theory, an introduction to the history of environmental policy and legislation, and case studies of approaches to development versus preservation dilemmas and regional cost benefit analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195126846 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alam, Khorshed, 2005. "Valuing the environment in developing countries: Problems and potentials," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137741, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Gowdy, John, 2005. "Toward a new welfare economics for sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 211-222, April.
- John M. Gowdy, 2004. "Toward a New Welfare Foundation for Sustainability," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0401, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Richard T. Carson, 2010. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Seeking Empirical Regularity and Theoretical Structure," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 3-23, Winter.
- Ulrich Witt, 2011. "Sustainability and the Problem of Consumption," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-16, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Athanasios Kampas & Katerina Melfou & Ashar Aftab, 2012. "Designing Regulatory Policies for Complex Externalities: The Case of Agricultural Pollution," Working Papers 2012-6, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Carson, Richard T, 2009. "Searching for Empirical Regularity and Theoretical Structure: The Environmental Kuznets Curve," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt4m6263c2, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Milkana Mochurova, 2008. "Activating Market-Based Instruments for the Protection of Water Resources," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 33-54.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.