Central Bank transformation in a globalized world: the Reserve Bank in post-apartheid South Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of International Development.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yelena Kalyuzhnova & George Tridimas, 1998. "Central banking in post-socialist economies: Introduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 639-641.
- Stanners, W, 1993. "Is Low Inflation an Important Condition for High Growth?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 79-107, March.
- Lionel Price, 1998. "The responsibilities of central banks in the transition economies," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(5), pages 643-657.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994.
"How independent should a central bank be?,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
94-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Walsh, Carl E, 1995. "Optimal Contracts for Central Bankers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 150-67, March.
- Habib, Adam & Padayachee, Vishnu, 2000. "Economic Policy and Power Relations in South Africa's Transition to Democracy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 245-263, February.
- Christopher W. Crowe, 2006.
"Goal-Independent Central Banks: Why Politicians Decide to Delegate,"
IMF Working Papers
06/256, International Monetary Fund.
- Crowe, Christopher, 2008. "Goal independent central banks: Why politicians decide to delegate," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 748-762, December.
- Leonce Ndikumana, 2008.
"Can macroeconomic policy stimulate private investment in South Africa? New insights from aggregate and manufacturing sector-level evidence,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 869-887.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Can Macroeconomic Policy Stimulate Private Investment in South Africa? New Insights from Aggregate and Manufacturing Sector-Level Evidence," Working Papers wp106, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2005. "Can macroeconomic policy stimulate private investment in South Africa? New insights from aggregate and manufacturing sector-level evidence," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.