The Spatial Diffusion of Secondary Impacts: Rural-Urban Spillovers in Grampian, Scotland
AbstractThe paper analyzes rural-urban spillover effects using a bi-regional SAM model which allows for flows of commodities and factor incomes between the two areas. Multiplier decomposition is used to investigate the nature of spillovers. The results indicate stronger spillover effects from urban to rural Grampian, than viceversa. In contrast, results from a restricted, input output version of the model suggest that the effects are more consistent with nodal response. Input-output an alysem say produce biased results and studies of contemporary rural-urban relationships should look beyond production linkages to the broader range of relationships within a SAM framework
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 76 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marlon G. Boarnet & Saksith Chalermpong & Elizabeth Geho, 2005.
"Specification issues in models of population and employment growth,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 21-46, 03.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & Chalermpong, Saksith & Geho, Elizabeth, 2001. "Specification Issues in Models of Population and Employment Growth," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5fn0m74n, University of California Transportation Center.
- Burrell, Alison M., 2010. "Is it becoming more difficult to research EU agricultural sector policies?," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93946, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Hyytia, Nina, 2011. "Allocation of CAP modulation funds to rural development measures at the regional level in Finland," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114525, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Psaltopoulos, Demetris & Balamou, Eudokia & Skuras, Dimitris & Ratinger, Tomas & Sieber, Stefan, 2011. "Modelling the impacts of CAP Pillar 1 and 2 measures on local economies in Europe: Testing a case study-based CGE-model approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Sébastien Mary & Fabien Santini & Maria Espinosa & Alejandro Cardenete & Sergio Gomez y Paloma, 2013. "The rural-urban spillovers of EU structural policies in Cordoba, Spain," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC85301, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.