A survey on survey statistics: What is done and can be done in Stata
AbstractThis article will survey issues in analyzing complex survey data and describe some of the capabilities of Stata for such analyses. We will briefly review key elements of survey design and explain the effects of different design features on bias and variance. We compare different methods of variance estimation for stratified and clustered samples and discuss the handling of survey weights. We will also give examples for the practical importance of Stata's survey capabilities. Copyright 2007 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gigena, M. & Vera, M.L. & Giuliodori, R . & Gertel, H., 2011. "Exploring the gap difference in 2000-2009 PISA Test Scores between Argentina, Chile and Mexico," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 11(3).
- Christopher Tamborini & Howard Iams & Gayle Reznik, 2012. "Women’s Earnings Before and After Marital Dissolution: Evidence from Longitudinal Earnings Records Matched to Survey Data," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 69-82, March.
- Héctor R. Gertel & Roberto F. Giuliodori & Santiago Gastelu & María Luz Vera, 2011. "Beyond Results: What Makes the Difference Between Argentina, Chile and Mexico in PISA 2009?," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 6, in: Antonio Caparrós Ruiz (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 6, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 5, pages 88-100 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2008-05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Pablo Valenzuela & Gabriela Gómez V. & Carmen Sotomayor, 2012. "The role of reading engagement in a case of national achievement improvement: analysis of Chilean results in PISA 2001-2009," Working Papers wp367, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.