poisson: Some convergence issues
AbstractIn this article, we identify and illustrate some shortcomings of the poisson command in Stata. Specifically, we point out that the command fails to check for the existence of the estimates, and we show that it is very sensitive to numerical problems. While these are serious problems that may prevent users from obtaining estimates or may even produce spurious and misleading results, we show that the informed user often has simple workarounds available for addressing these problems. Copyright 2011 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Note: to access software from within Stata, net describe http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj11-2/st0225/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005.
"The Log of Gravity,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2010. "On the existence of the maximum likelihood estimates in Poisson regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 310-312, May.
- Massimiliano Bratti & Luca De Benedictis & Gianluca Santoni, 2013.
"On the pro-trade effects of immigrants,"
Working Papers CEB
13-014, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & De Benedictis, Luca & Santoni, Gianluca, 2012. "On the Pro-Trade Effects of Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 6628, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Massimiliano Bratti & Luca de Benedictis & Gianluca Santoni, 2012. "On the Pro-Trade Effects of Immigrants," Development Working Papers 347, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 13 Nov 2012.
- Olga Solleder, 2013. "Trade Effects of Export Taxes," IHEID Working Papers 08-2013, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised 08 Apr 2013.
- repec:wsr:ecbook:2010:i:iv-002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2013. "Revisiting the trade effects of services agreements," MPRA Paper 51243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rudiger Ahrend & Cyrille Schwellnus, 2012. "Do investors disproportionately shed assets of distant countries during global financial crises?: The role of increased uncertainty," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2012(1), pages 1-20.
- Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S., 2010.
"Export performance and trade facilitation reform : hard and soft infrastructure,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5261, The World Bank.
- Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S., 2012. "Export Performance and Trade Facilitation Reform: Hard and Soft Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1295-1307.
- Martin Falk, 2012. "Determinants of Greenfield Investment in Knowledge Intensive Business Services," FIW Research Reports series IV-002, FIW.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.