Federal Aid and Public Education: An Empirical Look at the New Fiscal Federalism
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 64 (1982)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert P. Inman, 2013.
"Local Deficits and Local Jobs: Can U.S. States Stabilize Their Own Economies?,"
NBER Working Papers
18930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlino, Gerald A. & Inman, Robert P., 2013. "Local deficits and local jobs: Can US states stabilize their own economies?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 517-530.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert Inman, 2013. "Local deficits and local jobs: can U.S. statess stabilize their own economies?," Working Papers 13-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert P. Inman, 2013.
"Macro fiscal policy in economic unions: states as agents,"
13-40, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gerald Carlino & Robert P. Inman, 2013. "Macro Fiscal Policy in Economic Unions: States as Agents," NBER Working Papers 19559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Byron F. Lutz, 2006. "Taxation with representation: intergovernmental grants in a plebiscite democracy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Steven Craig & Robert P. Inman, 1986.
"Education, Welfare and the “New” Federalism: State Budgeting in a Federalist Public Economy,"
in: Studies in State and Local Public Finance, pages 187-228
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven G. Craig & Robert P. Inman, 1986. "Education, Welfare, and the "New" Federalism: State Budgeting in a Federalist Public Economy," NBER Working Papers 1562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert P. Inman, 1989. "Federal Assistance and Local Services in the United States: The Evolution of a New Federalist Fiscal Order," NBER Working Papers 2283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergey Sinelnikov & Pavel Kadochnikov & Ilya Trunin & Sergey Chetverikov & Marianne Vigneault, 2006. "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: Soft Budget Constraints of Regional Governments," Published Papers 47, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2012.
- Fernando João Alexandre Parmagnani & Fabiana Fontes Rocha, 2013. "Evaluating the impact of SUS transfers on municipalities' health expenditures," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_23, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP), revised 15 Jan 2014.
- Roy Bahl & Eunice Heredia-Ortiz & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Mark Rider, 2005. "India: Fiscal Condition of the States, International Experience,and Options for Reform: Volume 2," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper05142, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Loeb, Susanna & Socias, Miguel, 2004. "Federal contributions to high-income school districts: the use of tax deductions for funding K-12 education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-94, February.
- Rebecca J. Acosta, 2001. "How Do Colleges Respond to Changes in Federal Student Aid?," UCLA Economics Working Papers 808, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Stine, William F., 1994. "Is Local Government Revenue Response to Federal Aid Symmetrical? Evidence from Pennsylvania County Governments in a Era of Retrenchment," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 47(4), pages 799-816, December .
- Gergely Ujhelyi, 2013. "Civil Service Rules and Policy Choices: Evidence from US State Governments," Working Papers 201303249, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- John Joseph Wallis, 1996. "What Determines the Allocation of National Government Grants to the States?," NBER Historical Working Papers 0090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falch, Torberg & Rattso, Jorn, 1999. "Local public choice of school spending: disaggregating the demand function for educational services," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 361-373, June.
- Michael S. McPherson & Morton Owen Schapiro, 1990. "The Effect of Government Financing on the Behavior of Colleges and Universities," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-9, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Whitney K. Newey & Harvey S. Rosen, 1989. "Implementing Causality Tests with Panel Data, with an Example from LocalPublic Finance," NBER Technical Working Papers 0048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergey Sinelnikov & Pavel Kadochnikov & Ilya Trunin (ed.), 2006. "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: Soft Budget Constraints of Regional Governments," Books, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, edition 1, number 4.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.