Hysteresis and the Modeling of Economic Phenomena
AbstractThree definitions of hysteresis in dynamic economic models are considered in order of their increasing ability to project history onto the present in a significant way. The third of these definitions is based on the substitution of 'historical' for 'logical' time in the model's dynamic structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Review of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 11 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rod Cross & Michael Grinfeld & Laura Piscitelli, 1999. "Hysteresis in Economic Systems," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 723, Society for Computational Economics.
- Cross, Rod, 1993. "On the Foundations of Hysteresis in Economic Systems," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 53-74, April.
- Donald W. Katzner, 1993. "Some Notes on the Role of History and the Definition of Hysteresis and Related Concepts in Economic Analysis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 15(3), pages 323-345, April.
- Vickers,Douglas, 1987. "Money Capital in the Theory of the Firm," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521328418.
- Bell,David E. & Raiffa,Howard & Tversky,Amos (ed.), 1989. "Decision Making," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521368513.
- Angel Asensio & Dany Lang & Sbastien Charles, 2012.
"Post Keynesian modeling: where are we, and where are we going to?,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 393-412, April.
- Charles, Sébastien & Lang, Dany & Asensio, Angel, 2010. "Post-Keynesian modelling: where are we, and where are we going to?," MPRA Paper 30726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Onyango, Benjamin & Cuite, Cara & Hallman, William K., 2010. "Risk, fear, bird flu and terrorists: A study of risk perceptions and economics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Rod Cross, 2014. "Unemployment: natural rate epicycles or hysteresis?," Working Papers 1402, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.