National Industry Clusters and Regional Specializations in Turkey
AbstractThe article aims to identify industry clusters in Turkey by examining inter-industry selling and purchasing relationships. The 1990 Turkish input-output table is used to identify similarities between selling and purchasing patterns of the 60 manufacturing industries and derive a matrix that describes relative linkages between them. The article also investigates the regional specializations by using the identified national clusters as templates for an analysis of local patterns. Principle component factor analysis reveals the presence of six identifiable industry clusters. The firms within the identified clusters provide a potential to share technical information and knowledge transfer through formal or informal interactions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Planning Studies.
Volume (Year): 11 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEPS20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menevis Uzbay Pirili & R. Funda Barbaros, 2009. "Regional Development in Sanliurfa Province : Key Sector Analyis," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 797-822.
- Nese Kumral & Sedef Akgüngör, 2006. "Long-Term Industrial Competitiveness: Challenges for the Aegean Region," Working Papers 0613, Ege University, Department of Economics.
- Meneviþ Uzbay Pirili & R.Funda Barbaros, 2008. "Regional Development in Þanlýurfa Province, the Center of South Eastern Anatolian Project (GAP): Key Sector Analysis," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics, in: Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Economic Issues in a Globalizing World, pages 41-71 Izmir University of Economics.
- Sedef Akgüngör & Pinar Falcioglu, 2005. "European Integration and Regional Specialization Patterns in Turkey's Manufacturing Industry," Discussion Paper Series 05/01, Dokuz Eylül University, Faculty of Business, Department of Economics, revised 23 Nov 2005.
- João C. Lopes & Tanya Araújo & João Dias & João F. Amaral, 2010. "National industry cluster templates and the structure of industry output dynamics: a stochastic geometry approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2010/20, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- JoÃ£o Lopes, 2011. "Industrial Clustering and Sectoral Growth: a Network Dynamics Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p637, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.