Screening and valuing venture capital investments: evidence from Hungary, Poland and Slovakia
AbstractThis paper examines the screening and valuation approaches used by venture capital firms in emerging markets using evidence from surveys of venture capital firms in Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. The results show notable differences in the state of development and operation of the venture capital markets both between the three countries and in comparison with the developed UK venture capital market, especially in relation to the degree of equity ownership sought by venture capitalists, the information used in deal screening and valuation methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
Volume (Year): 10 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/TEPN20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Judit Karsai, 2012. "Development of the Hungarian Venture Capital and Private Equity Industry over the Past Two Decades," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1201, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Darek Klonowski, 2006. "Local Laws and Venture Capital Contracting in Transition Economies: Evidence from Poland," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 327-343.
- Groh, Alexander P., 2009. "Private equity in emerging markets," IESE Research Papers D/779, IESE Business School.
- Darek Klonowski, 2005. "The Evolution of the Venture Capital Industry in Transition Economies: The Case of Poland," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 331-348.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Roberta Colavecchio & Magdolna Sass, 2010. "Drivers of Private Equity Investment in CEE and Western European Countries," Working Paper / FINESS 3.5, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Groh, Alexander P. & Liechtenstein, Heinrich & Canela, Miguel A., 2008. "Limited partners' perceptions of the Central Eastern European venture capital and private equity market," IESE Research Papers D/727, IESE Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.