Estimating partially linear panel data models with one-way error components
AbstractWe consider the problem of estimating a partially linear panel data model whenthe error follows an one-way error components structure. We propose a feasiblesemiparametric generalized least squares (GLS) type estimator for estimating the coefficient of the linear component and show that it is asymptotically more efficient than a semiparametric ordinary least squares (OLS) type estimator. We also discussed the case when the regressor of the parametric component is correlated with the error, and propose an instrumental variable GLS-type semiparametric estimator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian & Zhou, Yong, 2010. "Statistical inference for panel data semiparametric partially linear regression models with heteroscedastic errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1079-1101, May.
- Hübler, Olaf, 2005. "Panel Data Econometrics: Modelling and Estimation," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-319, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman, 2007. "More efficient estimation of nonparametric panel data models with random effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 375-380, September.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian, 2005. "The law of iterated logarithm of estimators for partially linear panel data models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(4), pages 267-279, December.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 2002. "On instrumental variable estimation of semiparametric dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 1-9, June.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Ullah, Aman, 2005. "A nonparametric random effects estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 403-407, September.
- Kusum Mundra, 2005. "Nonparametric Slope Estimators for Fixed-Effect Panel Data," Econometrics 0502008, EconWPA.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian, 2006. "Statistical inference in a panel data semiparametric regression model with serially correlated errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 844-873, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.