Estimating partially linear panel data models with one-way error components
AbstractWe consider the problem of estimating a partially linear panel data model whenthe error follows an one-way error components structure. We propose a feasiblesemiparametric generalized least squares (GLS) type estimator for estimating the coefficient of the linear component and show that it is asymptotically more efficient than a semiparametric ordinary least squares (OLS) type estimator. We also discussed the case when the regressor of the parametric component is correlated with the error, and propose an instrumental variable GLS-type semiparametric estimator.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian & Zhou, Yong, 2010. "Statistical inference for panel data semiparametric partially linear regression models with heteroscedastic errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1079-1101, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 2002. "On instrumental variable estimation of semiparametric dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 1-9, June.
- Su, Liangjun & Ullah, Aman, 2007. "More efficient estimation of nonparametric panel data models with random effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 375-380, September.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian, 2005. "The law of iterated logarithm of estimators for partially linear panel data models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(4), pages 267-279, December.
- Hübler, Olaf, 2005. "Panel Data Econometrics: Modelling and Estimation," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-319, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kusum Mundra, 2005. "Nonparametric Slope Estimators for Fixed-Effect Panel Data," Econometrics 0502008, EconWPA.
- Feng Yao & Junsen Zhang, 2010. "Efficient semiparametric instrumental variable estimation," Working Papers 10-11, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Ullah, Aman, 2005. "A nonparametric random effects estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 403-407, September.
- You, Jinhong & Zhou, Xian, 2006. "Statistical inference in a panel data semiparametric regression model with serially correlated errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 844-873, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.