The structural budget balance: a preliminary estimation for Mexico
AbstractIn this article we estimate the structural budget balance for Mexico from 1980 to 2003 using a variation of the methodology proposed by the International Monetary Fund. In addition, we propose a fiscal rule that limits deficits in the structural balance as a percentage of GDP, such as the ones used by the European Union and the Chilean Government amongst others. We also simulate what the conventional balance would have been for Mexico if such a rule would have been implemented in 1980.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 39 (2007)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- DÃ©ficit Estructural o Ajustado al Ciclo: Ahora la OECD
by Alejandro Villagomez in Tintero Económico Diario on 2009-08-01 03:05:00
- Reporte del FMI sobre MÃ©xico y PolÃtica Fiscal
by Alejandro Villagomez in Tintero Económico Diario on 2009-02-14 15:05:00
- Multipliers and the Role of Government
by Alejandro Villagomez in Tintero Económico Diario on 2009-02-11 22:54:00
- Refinando una Regla de Balance Estructural
by Alejandro Villagomez in Tintero Económico Diario on 2013-10-28 00:43:00
- Juan Carlos Chávez Martín del Campo & Ricardo Rodríguez Vargas & Felipe de Jesús Fonseca Hernández, 2010.
"Vacas gordas y vacas flacas: La Política Fiscal y el Balance Estructural en México, 1990-2009,"
Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers
EC201004, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Juan Carlos Chávez Martín del Campo & Ricardo Rodríguez Vargas & Felipe de Jesús Fonseca Hernández, 2010. "Vacas gordas y vacas flacas: la política fiscal y el balance estructural en México, 1990-2009," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 25(2), pages 309-336.
- Islas-Camargo, Alejandro & Cortez, Willy W., 2011. "How relevant is monetary policy to explain Mexican unemployment fluctuations?," MPRA Paper 30027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.