Job exit of men: new job destination versus unemployment destination
AbstractJob exit of men over the age of forty is described and analysed using monthly observations derived from the 1988-89 UK Retirement Survey. A competing risks model is described and estimated. The results show that tenure and age determine transitions from a job to a new one, whereas those transitions from a job to unemployment are also determined by business cycle variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1998)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Tasci, 2010.
"Hazard Analysis Of Unemployment Duration By Gender In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey,"
521, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2010.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Taşçı, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(4), pages 501-530, December.
- Tansel, Aysit & Tasci, H. Mehmet, 2010. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 4844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & H.Mehmet Tasçi, 2010. "Hazard Analysis Of Unemployment Duration By Gender In A Developing Country: The Case Of Turkey," Working Papers 2010/6, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & H. Mehmet Tasci, 2009. "Hazard Analysis of Unemployment Duration by Gender in a Developing Country: The Case of Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0903, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Oct 2009.
- Maria Teresa Gonzalo & Jan Saarela, 2000. "Gender differences in exit rates from unemployment: evidence from," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 129-139, Autumn.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.