Start-up size and post-entry performance: the case of tourism services in Italy
AbstractA large and comprehensive longitudinal database is used to identify the start-up of new firms in the Italian tourist industry and their subsequent post-entry performance. Analysed in particular is the link between the survival of hotels, restaurants, and catering firms in each Italian region and their start-up size. By using logit estimation, it is found that for eighteen out of twenty regions the relationship has the expected sign, although only for twelve regions and the country as a whole did it turn out to be statistically significant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jui-Kou Shang & Wei-Ting Hung & Fei-Ching Wang, 2008. "Service outsourcing and hotel performance: three-stage DEA analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(13), pages 1053-1057.
- Audretsch, David B. & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 1999. "Start-up size and industrial dynamics: some evidence from Italian manufacturing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 965-983, October.
- Korres, George M., 2007. "The Role of Innovation Activities in Tourism and Regional Growth in Europe," MPRA Paper 25380, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jun 2007.
- Louri, Helen & Peppas, Costas & Tsionas, Efthymios, 2006. "Foreign presence, technical efficiency and firm survival in Greece: a simultaneous equation model with latent variables approach," MPRA Paper 29274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harada, Nobuyuki, 2003. "Who succeeds as an entrepreneur? An analysis of the post-entry performance of new firms in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-222, April.
- Harald Strotmann, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Survival," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 87-104, January.
- E. Santarelli, 1997. "Patterns of new firm Survival and Growth in the Italian Financial Intermediation Industry," Working Papers 278, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.