Delta, gamma and bucket hedging of interest rate derivatives
AbstractThe paper describes a framework for delta and gamma hedging an interest rate portfolio using a multifactor form of the Heath et al. (1992) model. A formal description of bucket hedging is given along with a discussion of some of the issues surrounding the choice of bucket lengths. Given that a small number of factors can describe the evolution of the term structure, the bucket deltas are defined in terms of these factors. The hedging of corporate bonds is also addressed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 1 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jarrow, Robert A. & Turnbull, Stuart M., 2000. "The intersection of market and credit risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 271-299, January.
- Elisa Luciano & Luca Regis & Elena Vigna, 2012.
"Single and cross-generation natural hedging of longevity and financial risk,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
257, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Elisa Luciano & Luca Regis & Elena Vigna, 2012. "Single and cross-generation natural hedging of longevity and financial risk," ICER Working Papers 04-2012, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Elisa Luciano & Luca Regis, 2013. "Efficient versus inefficient hedging strategies in the presence of financial and longevity (value at) risk," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 308, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1997.
"Interest rate futures: estimation of volatility parameters in an arbitrage-free framework,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 181-199.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995. "Interest Rate Futures: Estimation of Volatility Parameters in an Arbitrage-Free Framework," Working Paper Series 55, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Luciano, Elisa & Regis, Luca & Vigna, Elena, 2012. "Delta–Gamma hedging of mortality and interest rate risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 402-412.
- Ballotta, Laura & Haberman, Steven, 2003. "Valuation of guaranteed annuity conversion options," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 87-108, August.
- Jang, Bong-Gyu & Yoon, Ji Hee, 2010. "Analytic valuation formulas for range notes and an affine term structure model with jump risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2132-2145, September.
- Elisa Luciano & Luca Regis & Elena Vigna, 2012. "Natural delta gamma hedging of longevity and interest rate risk," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 21-2011, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Duffie, Darrell, 2003. "Intertemporal asset pricing theory," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 639-742 Elsevier.
- Nawalkha, Sanjay K. & Soto, Gloria M. & Zhang, Jun, 2003. "Generalized M-vector models for hedging interest rate risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1581-1604, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.