Convergence of health care expenditure in the EU countries
AbstractThe European Union's common policies for market integration have also had an impact on the health care sectors. A panel of EU member states' data reveals that their health care expenditures exhibit β-convergence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joan Costa-Font & Marin Gemmill & Gloria Rubert, 2008.
"Re-visiting the Health Care Luxury Good Hypothesis: Aggregation, Precision, and Publication Biases?,"
Working Papers in Economics
197, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Costa-Font, J & Gemmill M & Rubert G, 2009. "Re-visiting the Health Care Luxury Good Hypothesis: Aggregation, Precision, and Publication Biases?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Lau, Marco Chi Keung & Fung, Ka Wai Terence, 2013. "Convergence in Health Care Expenditure of 14 EU Countries: New Evidence from Non-linear Panel Unit Root Test," MPRA Paper 52871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hennessy Peter & Warin Thierry, 2004.
"One Welfare State for Europe: A Costly Utopia?,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-17, December.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2012.
"The convergence of health care financing structures: empirical evidence from OECD-countries,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 7-18, February.
- Andrea M. Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries," Working Papers 2009-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries," NRN working papers 2009-12, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Benoit Dervaux & Gary Ferrier & Herve Leleu & Vivian Valdmanis, 2004. "Comparing French and US hospital technologies: a directional input distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1065-1081.
- Win Lin Chou & Zijun Wang, 2009. "Regional inequality in China's health care expenditures," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages S137-S146, July.
- David Prieto & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2012. "Decomposing the determinants of health care expenditure: the case of Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 19-27, February.
- Zijun Wang, 2009. "The convergence of health care expenditure in the US states," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 55-70.
- Joan Costa Font & Jordi Pons Novell, 2005.
"Public Health Expenditure and Spatial Interactions in a Decentralized National Health System,"
Working Papers in Economics
139, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Joan Costa-Font & Jordi Pons-Novell, 2007. "Public health expenditure and spatial interactions in a decentralized national health system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 291-306.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Roberto Ezcurra & Pedro Pascual, 2009. "Cross-country disparities in health-care expenditure: a factor decomposition," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 479-485.
- Wen-Yi Chen, 2013. "Does healthcare financing converge? Evidence from eight OECD countries," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 279-300, December.
- Clemente, Jesus & Marcuello, Carmen & Montanes, Antonio & Pueyo, Fernando, 2004. "On the international stability of health care expenditure functions: are government and private functions similar?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 589-613, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.