International transmission of stock prices among G7 countries: LA-VAR approach
AbstractThe reported study analysed interdependence among stock prices in G7 countries using the LA-VAR method. Monthly data for the period from December 1969 to May 1995 were used and stock prices were analysed not only in local currencies but also in US dollars. The study revealed that the causal relationship between US stock prices and those in the rest of the world is significant. This may be due to the dominant influence of the US economy on the world market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Jang, Beom-Sik, 2004. "The linkage between the US and Korean stock markets: the case of NASDAQ, KOSDAQ, and the semiconductor stocks," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 319-340, September.
- Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Hirayama, Kenjiro, 2004. "Are international portfolio adjustments a cause of comovements in stock prices?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 463-478, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:27:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Wing-Keung Wong & Zhuo Qiao, 2007. "Does the US IT stock market dominate other IT stock markets: Evidence from multivariate GARCH model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(27), pages 1-7.
- Go Tamakoshi & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2011. "Transmission of stock prices amongst European countries before and during the Greek sovereign debt crisis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 3339-3353.
- Chancharat,Surachai & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of the Thai and Major International Stock Markets," Economics Working Papers wp07-13, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Kunlin Hsieh & Yuching Hsieh & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2010.
"The Interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese Stock Prices,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 879-892.
- Hsieh, Kunlin & Hsieh, Yuching & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2010. "The interdependence of Taiwanese and Japanese stock prices," MPRA Paper 21475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Corazza & A. Malliaris & Elisa Scalco, 2010. "Nonlinear Bivariate Comovements of Asset Prices: Methodology, Tests and Applications," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Qiao, Zhuo & Smyth, Russell & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2008. "Volatility switching and regime interdependence between information technology stocks 1995-2005," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 139-156.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.