The millennium bub
AbstractHow much do nonmedical factors affect the timing of conceptions, births and deaths? To test this, we estimate the effect of the millennium on conceptions, births and deaths. With a highly flexible empirical specification, we find large and significant increases in conceptions and births, and suggestive evidence of an effect on deaths.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
Other versions of this item:
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eliason, Marcus & Ohlsson, Henry, 2010.
"Timing of death and the repeal of the Swedish inheritance tax,"
Working Paper Series
2010:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Eliason, M. & Ohlsson, H., 2013. "Timing of death and the repeal of the Swedish inheritance tax," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 113-123.
- Eliason, Marcus & Ohlsson, Henry, 2010. "Timing of death and the repeal of the Swedish inheritance tax," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Levy, Becca R. & Chung, Pil H. & Slade, Martin D., 2011. "Influence of Valentine’s Day and Halloween on Birth Timing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(8), pages 1246-1248.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.