Scoring rules and the evaluation of probabilities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Test.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120411
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- James Berger & Elías Moreno & Luis Pericchi & M. Bayarri & José Bernardo & Juan Cano & Julián Horra & Jacinto Martín & David Ríos-Insúa & Bruno Betrò & A. Dasgupta & Paul Gustafson & Larry Wass, 1994. "An overview of robust Bayesian analysis," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-124, June.
- Harsanyi, John C, 1995.
"Games with Incomplete Information,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Robert L. Winkler & Wayne S. Smith & Ram B. Kulkarni, 1978. "Adaptive Forecasting Models Based on Predictive Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(10), pages 977-986, June.
- Blattenberger, Gail & Lad, Frank, 1988. "An Application of Operational-Subjective Statistical Methods to Rational Expectations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(4), pages 453-64, October.
- Blattenberger, Gail, 1996. "Money Demand Revisited: An Operational Subjective Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 153-68, March-Apr.
- Yates, J. Frank, 1988. "Analyzing the accuracy of probability judgments for multiple events: An extension of the covariance decomposition," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 281-299, June.
- Murphy, Allan H. & Winkler, Robert L., 1992. "Diagnostic verification of probability forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 435-455, March.
- Rubin Herman, 1987. "A Weak System Of Axioms For "Rational" Behavior And The Nonseparability Of Utility From Prior," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1-2), pages 47-58, February.
- Robert L. Winkler & Roy M. Poses, 1993. "Evaluating and Combining Physicians' Probabilities of Survival in an Intensive Care Unit," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(12), pages 1526-1543, December.
- Emir Shuford & Arthur Albert & H. Edward Massengill, 1966. "Admissible probability measurement procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 125-145, June.
- Joseph Kadane & Javier Girón & Daniel Peña & Peter Fishburn & Simon French & D. Lindley & Giovanni Parmigiani & Robert Winkler, 1993. "Several Bayesians: A review," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, December.
- James E. Matheson & Robert L. Winkler, 1976. "Scoring Rules for Continuous Probability Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(10), pages 1087-1096, June.
- A. Dawid & M. DeGroot & J. Mortera & R. Cooke & S. French & C. Genest & M. Schervish & D. Lindley & K. McConway & R. Winkler, 1995. "Coherent combination of experts' opinions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 263-313, December.
- Clements, Michael P & Harvey, David I, 2006.
"Forecast Encompassing Tests and Probability Forecasts,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
774, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Michael P. Clements & David I. Harvey, 2010. "Forecast encompassing tests and probability forecasts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6), pages 1028-1062.
- Braun, Julia & Sabanés Bové, Daniel & Held, Leonhard, 2014. "Choice of generalized linear mixed models using predictive crossvalidation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 190-202.
- Krämer, Walter, 2004. "Qualitätsvergleiche bei Kreditausfallprognosen," Technical Reports 2004,07, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Gneiting, Tilmann, 2011. "Quantiles as optimal point forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 197-207, April.
- Victoria M. Ateca-Amestoy & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2012.
"Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts,"
ACEI Working Paper Series
AWP-01-2012, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Feb 2012.
- Ateca-Amestoy, Victoria & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2013. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(1), pages 124-131.
- Prieto Rodríguez, Juan & Ateca Amestoy, Victoria María, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-01, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- David Johnstone, 2007. "Discussion of Altman and Sabato," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(3), pages 358-362.
- David Johnstone, 2007. "Economic Darwinism: Who has the Best Probabilities?," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 47-96, February.
- Victor Jose, 2009. "A Characterization for the Spherical Scoring Rule," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 66(3), pages 263-281, March.
- D. Johnstone, 2007. "The Value of a Probability Forecast from Portfolio Theory," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 153-203, September.
- Tilmann Gneiting & Larissa Stanberry & Eric Grimit & Leonhard Held & Nicholas Johnson, 2008. "Assessing probabilistic forecasts of multivariate quantities, with an application to ensemble predictions of surface winds," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 211-235, August.
- Karl Schlag & James Tremewan & Joel van der Weele, 2014. "A Penny for Your Thoughts:A Survey of Methods for Eliciting Beliefs," Vienna Economics Papers 1401, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- André Güttler, 2005. "Using a Bootstrap Approach to Rate the Raters," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 277-295, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.