Can consumers detect lemons? An empirical analysis of information asymmetry in the market for child care
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Population Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Blau & H. Naci Mocan, 1999.
"The Supply of Quality in Child Care Centers,"
NBER Working Papers
7225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, Daniel R, et al, 1989.
"Testing the Rationality of State Revenue Forecasts,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 300-308, May.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & William Gentry & David Gilroy & Harvey S. Rosen, 1989. "Testing the Rationality of State Revenue Forecasts," NBER Working Papers 2628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, D.R. & Gentry, W. & Gilroy, D. & Rosen, H.S., 1988. "Testing The Rationality Of State Revenue Forecasts," Papers 16, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1983. "Prices as Signals of Product Quality," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 647-58, October.
- Paul R. Milgrom & John Roberts, 1984.
"Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
709, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mocan, H. Naci & Azad, Sam, 1995. "Accuracy and rationality of state General Fund Revenue forecasts: Evidence from panel data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 417-427, September.
- Chris M. Herbst & Erdal Tekin, 2010.
"The Impact of Child Care Subsidies on Child Well-Being: Evidence from Geographic Variation in the Distance to Social Service Agencies,"
NBER Working Papers
16250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chris M. Herbst & Erdal Tekin, 2010. "The Impact of Child Care Subsidies on Child Well-Being: Evidence from Geographic Variation in the Distance to Social Service Agencies," Working Papers id:2739, eSocialSciences.
- Herbst, Chris M. & Tekin, Erdal, 2010. "The Impact of Child Care Subsidies on Child Well-Being: Evidence from Geographic Variation in the Distance to Social Service Agencies," IZA Discussion Papers 5102, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chris M. Herbst & Erdal Tekin, 2008.
"Child Care Subsidies and Child Development,"
NBER Working Papers
14474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bastos, Paulo & Cristia, Julian, 2012. "Supply and quality choices in private child care markets: Evidence from São Paulo," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 242-255.
- Anna Montén & Christian Thater, 2011.
"Determinants of Efficiency in Child-Care Provision,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 67(4), pages 378-403, December.
- Anna Montén & Christian Thater, 2010. "Determinants of efficiency in child care provision," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper Nr. 83, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Henrik Egbert & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2012.
"Der Coupon-Handelsansatz als Modell fuer eine subjektbezogene Finanzierung der Kinderbetreuung,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 232(2), pages 116-128, March.
- Henrik Egbert & Andreas Hildenbrand, 2010. "Der Coupon-Handelsansatz als Modell für eine subjektbezogene Finanzierung der Kinderbetreuung," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201004, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Rebecca Brown & Tue Gørgens, 2009. "Corporate governance and financial performance in an Australian context," Treasury Working Papers 2009-02, Treasury, Australian Government, revised Mar 2009.
- Xiaodong Gong & Robert Breunig, 2010. "Child care availability, quality and affordability: are local problems related to maternal labour supply ?," Treasury Working Papers 2010-02, Treasury, Australian Government, revised Apr 2010.
- Herbst, Chris M. & Tekin, Erdal, 2009.
"Child Care Subsidies and Childhood Obesity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4255, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chikako Yamauchi, 2009.
"The Availability of Child Care Centers, Perceived Search Costs and Parental Life Satisfaction,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
620, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Chikako Yamauchi, 2010. "The availability of child care centers, perceived search costs and parental life satisfaction," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 231-253, June.
- Xiaodong Gong & Robert Breunig & Anthony King, 2011.
"Partnered women's labour supply and child care costs in Australia: Measurement error and the child care price,"
NATSEM Working Paper Series
11/13, University of Canberra, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling.
- Robert Breunig & Xiaodong Gong & Anthony King, 2012. "Partnered Women's Labour Supply and Child‐Care Costs in Australia: Measurement Error and the Child‐Care Price," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(s1), pages 51-69, 06.
- Xiaodong Gong & Robert Breuing & Anthony King, 2011. "Partnered women’s labour supply and child care costs in Australia: measurement error and the child care price," CEPR Discussion Papers 652, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Naci Mocan & Kaj Gittings, 2010.
"The Impact of Incentives on Human Behavior: Can We Make it Disappear? The Case of the Death Penalty,"
in: The Economics of Crime: Lessons for and from Latin America, pages 379-418
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naci H. Mocan & R. Kaj Gittings, 2006. "The Impact of Incentives on Human Behavior: Can We Make It Disappear? The Case of the Death Penalty," NBER Working Papers 12631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.