AbstractThe notion of mediated talk in which players communicate through a mediator before starting the game is introduced. It shows that a deterministic mechanized mediator receiving private inputs and producing public outputs can generate any rational correlated equilibrium with rational probabilities by a self-enforcing procedure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 25 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gossner, Olivier, 1998.
"Secure Protocols or How Communication Generates Correlation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 69-89, November.
- GOSSNER, Olivier, 1997. "Secure protocols or how communication generates correlation," CORE Discussion Papers 1997092, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Adam Tauman Kalai & Ehud Kalai & Dov Samet, 2007. "Voluntary Commitments Lead to Efficiency," Discussion Papers 1444, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Anirban Kar & Indrajit Ray & Roberto Serrano, 2005.
"Multiple Equilibria As A Difficulty In Understanding Correlated Distributions,"
Economics Working Papers
we057238, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Anirban Kar & Indrajit Ray & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "Multiple equilibria as a difficulty in understanding correlated distributions," Working Papers 2007-03, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Anirban Kar & Indrajit Ray & Roberto Serrano, 2005. "Multiple Equilibria as a Difficulty in Understanding Correlated Distributions," Working Papers 2005-10, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Anirban Kar, Indrajit Ray and Robedrto Serrano, 2005. "Multiple Equilibria as a Difficulty in Understanding Correlated Distributions," Discussion Papers 05-18, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Debora Di Gioacchino, 2005. "Fiscal-Monetary Policy Coordination And Debt Management: A Two Stage Dynamic Analysis," Macroeconomics 0504024, EconWPA.
- Urbano, A. & Vila, J. E., 2004.
"Unmediated communication in repeated games with imperfect monitoring,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 143-173, January.
- José E. Vila & Amparo Urbano, 1998. "- Unmediated Communication In Repeated Games With Imperfect Monitoring," Working Papers. Serie AD 1998-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gossner, Olivier & Vieille, Nicolas, 2001. "Repeated Communication Through the Mechanism And," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6031, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ehud Lehrer & Sylvain Sorin, 1994.
"One-Shot Public Mediated Talk,"
1108, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Nikhil Vellodi, 2010. "Communication Equilibria and Bounded Rationality," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 955, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Peter Vida, 2005. "A Detail-free Mediator and the 3 Player Case," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0511, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Hannu Vartiainen, 2009. "A Simple Model of Secure Public Communication," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 101-122, July.
- Kalai, Adam Tauman & Kalai, Ehud & Lehrer, Ehud & Samet, Dov, 2010. "A commitment folk theorem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 127-137, May.
- Kar, Anirban & Ray, Indrajit & Serrano, Roberto, 2010. "A difficulty in implementing correlated equilibrium distributions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 189-193, May.
- Di Tillio, Alfredo, 2004. "A note on one-shot public mediated talk," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 425-433, February.
- Indrajit Ray, 2002. "Multiple Equilibrium Problem and Non-Canonical Correlation Devices," Working Papers 2002-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Debora Di Gioacchino, 2008. "Fiscal-monetary policy coordination and debt management: a two-stage analysis," Empirica, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 433-448, September.
- Forges, Francoise & Minelli, Enrico, 1997.
"A Property of Nash Equilibria in Repeated Games with Incomplete Information,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-175, February.
- Forges,F. & Minelli,E., 1995. "Property of Nash Equilibria in Repeated Games with Incomplete Information," Papers 9518, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.