The process and a simple logic of ‘meso’. Emergence and the co-evolution of institutions and group size
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Evolutionary Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- and - - - - - -
- Evo - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- Eco - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- Des - Microeconomics - - - - -
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- For - International Economics - - - - -
- and - - - - - -
- Ana - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- The - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dolfsma, W.A. & Verburg, R.M., 2005. "Bridging Structure and Agency: Processes of Institutional Change," Research Paper ERS-2005-064-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Frank Page & Myrna Wooders, 2007.
"Strategic Basins of Attraction, the Path Dominance Core, and Network Formation Games,"
Caepr Working Papers
2007-020, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna, 2009. "Strategic basins of attraction, the path dominance core, and network formation games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 462-487, May.
- Frank H. Page, Jr. & Myrna H. Wooders, 2006. "Strategic Basins of Attraction, the Path Dominance Core, and Network Formation Games," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0614, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Prof John Foster, 2004.
"From Simplistic to Complex Systems in Economics,"
Discussion Papers Series
335, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2007. "Challenges and growth: the development of the interdisciplinary field of institutional analysis," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 239-264, December.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-93, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Andreas Meder, 2009. "Regional Effects on Cooperative Innovation Activities and the Related Variety of Regional Knowledge Bases," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-064, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1994. "Inductive Reasoning and Bounded Rationality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 406-11, May.
- Till Grune-Yanoff & Paul Schweinzer, 2008. "The roles of stories in applying game theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
- N. Emrah Aydinonat, 2007. "Models, conjectures and exploration: an analysis of Schelling's checkerboard model of residential segregation," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 429-454.
- Cooper, Russell & John, Andrew, 1988. "Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(3), pages 441-63, August.
- David F. Batten, 2001. "Complex landscapes of spatial interaction," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 81-111.
- Foster, John & Metcalfe, J. Stan, 2012.
"Economic emergence: An evolutionary economic perspective,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 420-432.
- John Foster & J. Stan Metcalfe, 2011. "Economic Emergence: an Evolutionary Economic Perspective," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-12, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Harper, David A. & Endres, Anthony M., 2012. "The anatomy of emergence, with a focus upon capital formation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 352-367.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.