Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals
AbstractThis paper studies the intertemporal equilibrium of a barter economy populated with a continuum of finitely-lived overlapping generations. Assuming isoelastic preferences and zero endowments at the beginning and the end of the individual's Âlife-span, it proves the existence of an Hopf bifurcation and provides sufficient conditions on parameters for its occurrence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Emmanuelle Augeraud-Véron, 2007. "Balanced cycles in an OLG model with a continuum of finitely-lived individuals," Post-Print hal-00630229, HAL.
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Michel & Alain Venditti, 1997. "Optimal growth and cycles in overlapping generations models (*)," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 511-528.
- Aiyagari, S Rao, 1989.
"Can There Be Short-Period Deterministic Cycles When People Are Long Lived?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-85, February.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1988. "Can there be short-period deterministic cycles when people are long lived?," Staff Report 114, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Akiomi Kitagawa & Akihisa Shibata, 2005. "Endogenous growth cycles in an overlapping generations model with investment gestation lags," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 751-762, 04.
- Herakles Polemarchakis, 2001. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," Working Papers 2001-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Jess Benhabib & Aldo Rustichini, 1990.
"Vintage Capital, Investment and Growth,"
886, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Céline Rochon & Herakles Polemarchakis, 2006. "Debt, liquidity and dynamics," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 179-211, 01.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.