The effects of economic and population growth on national saving and inequality
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 34 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Hall, Robert E, 1978. "Stochastic Implications of the Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(6), pages 971-87, December.
- Nicole M. Fortin, 2006. "Higher-Education Policies and the College Wage Premium: Cross-State Evidence from the 1990s," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 959-987, September.
- M. Wakabayashi & F.L. MacKellar, 1999. "Demographic Trends and Household Saving in China," Working Papers ir99057, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Muhammad Tariq Majeed & Ronald MacDonald, 2010.
"Distributional and Poverty Consequences of Globalization: A Dynamic Comparative Analysis for Developing Countries,"
2010_22, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- MacDonald, Ronald & Majeed, Muhammad Tariq, 2010. "Distributional and Poverty Consequences of Globalization: A Dynamic Comparative Analysis for Developing Countries," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-62, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Jere R. Behrman & Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1999. "El envejecimiento y las oportunidades económicas: las principales regiones del mundo al final del siglo," Research Department Publications 4181, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- World Bank, 2003. "Brazil : Inequality and Economic Development, Volume 1. Policy Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14653, The World Bank.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Ralph C. Bryant & Gary Burtless, 2004. "The Impact of Aging on Financial Markets and the Economy: A Survey," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College 2004-23, Center for Retirement Research.
- Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter, 2001. "Intersectoral Transfer, Growth, and Inequality in Rural Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2004. "Household Reaction to Changes in Housing Wealth," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1459, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jere R. Behrman & Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1999. "Aging and Economic Opportunities: Major World Regions around the Turn of the Century," Research Department Publications 4180, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Charlotte Guénard & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2004.
"Mesurer les inégalités : que captent réellement les enquêtes ? Analyse de deux enquêtes ivoirienne et malgache,"
DT/2004/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Dec 2004.
- Guénard, Charlotte & Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine, 2004. "Mesurer les inégalités : que captent réellement les enquêtes ? Analyse de deux enquêtes ivoirienne et malgache," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4459, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Richard Ochmann, 2012.
"Do Wealthier Households Save More? The Impact of the Demographic Factor,"
ROME Working Papers
201203, ROME Network.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Richard Ochmann, 2012. "Do Wealthier Households Save More? – The Impact of the Demographic Factor," Ruhr Economic Papers 0338, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Richard Ochmann, 2012. "Do Wealthier Households Save More?: The Impact of the Demographic Factor," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1211, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian & Ochmann, Richard, 2012. "Do Wealthier Households Save More? The Impact of the Demographic Factor," IZA Discussion Papers 6567, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oloufade, Djoulassi K., 2012. "Trade Openness, Conflict Risk and Income Inequality," MPRA Paper 40702, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2013.
- Harry Oshima & Andrew Mason, 1999. "Population and Inequality in East Asia," Working Papers 199903, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Monica Ospina, 2010. "The effect of social spending on income inequality: An analysis for Latin American countries," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010615, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Lam, David, 2006. "The demography of youth in developing countries and its economic implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4022, The World Bank.
- Lee, Ronald & Mason, Andrew & Miller, Timothy, 2000. "From Transfers to Individual Responsibility: Implications for Savings and Capital Accumulation in Taiwan and the United States," Arbetsrapport 2000:3, Institute for Futures Studies.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2010. "Population and Health Policies," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- D. Carroll Christopher, 2000. "Risky Habits and the Marginal Propensity to Consume Output of Permanent Income, or, How Much Would a Permanent Tax Cut Boost Japanese Consumption?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 1-40.
- Tatiane Menezes & R. Silveira-Neto & Carlos Azzoni, 2012. "Demography and evolution of regional inequality," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 643-655, December.
- Ross Guest & Robyn Swift, 2008. "Fertility, income inequality, and labour productivity," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 597-618, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.