Family structure and dependency: Early transitions to female household headship
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 25 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darity, William, Jr & Myers, Samuel L, Jr, 1983. "Changes in Black Family Structure: Implications for Welfare Dependency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 59-64, May.
- Robert Michael & Nancy Tuma, 1985. "Entry into marriage and parenthood by young men and women: The influence of family background," Demography, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 515-544, November.
- R. Plotnick & M. Klawitter & M. Edwards, . "Do Attitudes and Personality Characteristics Affect Socioeconomic Outcomes? The Case of Welfare Use by Young Women," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1161-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Leonard Lopoo & Thomas DeLeire, 2012. "Family Structure and the Economic Wellbeing of Children," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 139, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Corak, Miles & Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Österberg, Torun, 2000.
"Intergenerational Influences on the Receipt of Unemployment Insurance in Canada and Sweden,"
IZA Discussion Papers
184, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bjorn, Gustafsson Corak, Miles Gustafsson, Bjorn Osterberg, Torun, 2001. "Intergenerational Influences on the Receipt of Unemployment Insurance in Canada and Sweden," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001159e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Peter Gottschalk, 1993.
"Is The Correlation In Welfare Participation Across Generations Spurious?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
224, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gottschalk, Peter, 1996. "Is the correlation in welfare participation across generations spurious?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Hilary Williamson Hoynes, 1995.
"Does Welfare Play Any Role in Female Headship Decisions?,"
NBER Working Papers
5149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. W. Hoynes, . "Does welfare play any role in female headship decisions?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1078-95, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- M. Klawitter & R. Plotnick & M. Edwards, . "Determinants of welfare entry and exit by young women," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1099-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Williamson Hoyne, Hilary, 1997. "Does welfare play any role in female headship decisions?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 89-117, August.
- Oscar A. Mitnik, 2007. "Intergenerational transmission of welfare dependency: The effects of length of exposure," Working Papers 0715, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- P. B. Levine & D. J. Zimmerman, . "The intergenerational correlation in AFDC participation: Welfare trap or poverty trap?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1100-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Lawrence Santi, 1990. "Household Headship Among Unmarried Persons in the United States, 1970–1985," Demography, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 219-232, May.
- Hope Corman & Robert Kaestner, 1991. "The Effects of Child Health on Marital Status," NBER Working Papers 3850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.