Image data analysis and classification in marketing
AbstractNowadays, the diffusion of smartphones, tablet computers, and other multipurpose equipment with high-speed Internet access makes new data types available for data analysis and classification in marketing. So, e.g., it is now possible to collect images/snaps, music, or videos instead of ratings. With appropriate algorithms and software at hand, a marketing researcher could simply group or classify respondents according to the content of uploaded images/snaps, music, or videos. However, appropriate algorithms and software are sparsely known in marketing research up to now. The paper tries to close this gap. Algorithms and software from computer science are presented, adapted and applied to data analysis and classification in marketing. The new SPSS-like software package IMADAC is introduced. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Advances in Data Analysis and Classification.
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- W. Buckinx & D. Van Den Poel, 2003.
"Customer Base Analysis: Partial Defection of Behaviorally-Loyal Clients in a Non-Contractual FMCG Retail Setting,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
03/178, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Buckinx, Wouter & Van den Poel, Dirk, 2005. "Customer base analysis: partial defection of behaviourally loyal clients in a non-contractual FMCG retail setting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 252-268, July.
- Ahmed Albatineh & Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj, 2011. "Correcting Jaccard and other similarity indices for chance agreement in cluster analysis," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 179-200, October.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-81, March.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.