The Role of Entrepreneurship for Cluster Formation in the Economy
AbstractThe paper summarizes the contribution of the entrepreneurship to the cluster formation in the economy. Emphasis is placed on the so-called “pure” entrepreneurial clusters. The features of the latter are commented on the background of an example from the Bulgarian reality. During the last decades entrepreneurship has become a significant factor for economic development. This is associated first with the recognition of innovation as an important prerequisite for business progress, and second – with the discovery of adequate driving forces, providing access to innovative solutions and their effective dissemination (diffusion mechanisms, clusters, networks, etc.).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
entrepreneurship; cluster formation; entrepreneurial clusters.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2011.
"What Determines Entrepreneurial Clusters?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 61-86, 02.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2007. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/48, European University Institute.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2008. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," EIEF Working Papers Series 0806, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2008.
- L. Guiso & F. Schivardi, 2006. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Working Paper CRENoS 200616, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.