The Role of Entrepreneurship for Cluster Formation in the Economy
AbstractThe paper summarizes the contribution of the entrepreneurship to the cluster formation in the economy. Emphasis is placed on the so-called “pure” entrepreneurial clusters. The features of the latter are commented on the background of an example from the Bulgarian reality. During the last decades entrepreneurship has become a significant factor for economic development. This is associated first with the recognition of innovation as an important prerequisite for business progress, and second – with the discovery of adequate driving forces, providing access to innovative solutions and their effective dissemination (diffusion mechanisms, clusters, networks, etc.).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
entrepreneurship; cluster formation; entrepreneurial clusters.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2008.
"What determines entrepreneurial clusters?,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
0806, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2008.
- L. Guiso & F. Schivardi, 2006. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Working Paper CRENoS 200616, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Luigi Guiso & Fabiano Schivardi, 2007. "What determines entrepreneurial clusters?," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/48, European University Institute.
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.