An Empirical Investigation About Relationship Between International Trade And Tourist Arrival: Evidence From India
AbstractThis study aims to examine the causal relationship between tourism arrivals and bilateral trade of India with Germany, Netherland, Switzerland, France, Italy, USA, UK and Canada for the period 1996 January to 2008 December. After examining the order of integration by using the Zivot and Andrews structural unit root test, we have used the Granger Causality test to examine the causal relationship between the study variables. The Granger Causality test results indicate two way causal relationships between the Trade and Tourism in case of USA, Italy and Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal Business Excellence and Management.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
International trade; International tourism; India; Unit root test; Granger causality test;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jordan Shan & Ken Wilson, 2001. "Causality between trade and tourism: empirical evidence from China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 279-283.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sen, Amit, 2003. "On Unit-Root Tests When the Alternative Is a Trend-Break Stationary Process," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 174-84, January.
- Florina STEFANACHE, 2014. "Development Of Services In The Hospitality Sector. Case Study: S.C. Ro Com Central S.A," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 4(2), pages 28-35, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zamfir Andreea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.