Using the Leontief Matrix to Estimate the Impact of Investments upon the Global Output
AbstractThe study presents in the first chapter the applied methodology and the data used for the empirical research. The economic activities were grouped into 10 sectors by aggregating the extended input-output tables for Romania (with 105 branches). The chosen reference year is 2007 - the last year for which such statistical recordings were available. The second chapter examines some of the Romanian economy’s structural features revealed by the matrices A and (I-A)-1, insisting on the driving effects of interdependencies (direct and indirect) generated by cross-sector productive flows. The third chapter focuses on the impact of gross fixed capital formation (GFCF) upon the output. On the one hand, the implications of changes in volume are estimated (for example, data on 2007 are recalculated for a variation of +/-5% in the GFCF). On the other hand, the influence of the sectoral structure of the indicator in question is quantified with the help of three different macroeconomic simulations. Further possible developments of the current investigation are discussed at the end of the paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
input-output analysis; multipliers; macroeconomic simulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harris, David, 1997.
"Principal Components Analysis of Cointegrated Time Series,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(04), pages 529-557, August.
- Harris, D., 1996. "Principal Components Analysis of Cointegrated Time Series," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/96, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-55, December.
- Scutaru, Cornelia & Fomin, Petre & Stanica, Cristian, 2010. "Prospects for the Evolution of the Economic Sectors’ Behavior," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(5), pages 120-142.
- Emilian Dobrescu, 2013. "Restatement of the I-O Coefficient Stability Problem," Journal of Economic Structures, Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 2(1), pages 1-67, December.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2013. "Restatement of the I-O Coefficient Stability Problem," Working Papers of Macroeconomic Modelling Seminar 132601, Institute for Economic Forecasting.
- Gaftea, Viorel, 2013. "The Input-Output Modeling Approach to the National Economy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 211-222, June.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2013.
"Modelling the sectoral structure of the final output,"
48569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2013. "Modelling the Sectoral Structure of the Final Output," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 59-89, October.
- Emilian Dobrescu & Viorel Gaftea, 2012. "On the Accuracy of RAS Method in an Emergent Economy," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 502-521, June.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2012. "Restatement of the I-O Coefficient Stability Problem," MPRA Paper 48567, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ELALAOUI, Aicha & EZZAHIDI, Elhadj & TOUNSI, Said & NIHOO, Abdelazziz, 2011. "Key sectors in the Moroccan economy: an application of input-output analysis," MPRA Paper 56822, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Tounsi, Said & Ezzahid, El Hadj & El Alaoui, Aicha & Nihou, Abdelaziz, 2012. "Key sectors in the Moroccan economy: An application of input-output analysis," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-59, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.