Analyse de la politique commerciale canadienne : rétrospective et synthèse
AbstractAfter a short review of the neo-classical theory of protection, the author presents the numerous models which were historically developed for the estimation of the national and regional impact of the Canadian tariffs. The author further compares a number of studies on the Canadian commercial policy, explains the divergences among them and, hopefully, identifies unsettled questions on the subject.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Société Canadienne de Science Economique in its journal L'Actualité économique.
Volume (Year): 55 (1979)
Issue (Month): 3 (juillet)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robin W. Boadway & John M. Treddenick, 1978. "A General Equilibrium Computation of the Effects of the Canadian Tariff Structure," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(3), pages 424-46, August.
- Rakowski, James J, 1970. "Capital Mobility in a Tariff-Ridden International Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 753-60, September.
- Krauss, Melvyn B, 1972. "Recent Developments in Customs Union Theory: An Interpretive Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 413-36, June.
- Bruno, M., 1973. "Protection and tariff change under general equilibrium," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-225, August.
- Melvin, James R, 1972. "A Weighting Problem in the Calculation of Effective Rates of Protection: A Comment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 48(122), pages 290-92, June.
- Myron J. Gordon, 1978. "A World Scale National Corporation Industrial Strategy," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 4(1), pages 46-56, Winter.
- Donald G. McFetridge, 1973. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins: An Analysis of the Canadian Manufacturing Sector," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 6(3), pages 344-55, August.
- G. K. Helleiner, 1977. "The Political Economy of Canada's Tariff Structure: An Alternative Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 318-26, May.
- Harry G. Johnson, 1960. "The Cost of Protection and the Scientific Tariff," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 327.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.