Greening the Cap: The Way Forward
AbstractGreening the CAP: The Way Forward This paper reviews the debate up to June 2012 on the proposal to introduce a green payment in Pillar 1 of the Cap following the publication of the Commission’s legislative proposals for the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy post-2013 in October 2011. While many details of how the proposals will be implemented remain unclear, an attempt is made to examine their potential contribution to environmental improvement. The paper argues there is further scope to improve the environmental impact of Cap spending in the next Mff period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Associazione Rossi Doria in its journal QA.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Greening; Agri-environment measures; Direct payments; Common agricultural policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Matthews, Alan, 2012. "Greening the CAP: the way forward," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy, European Association of Agricultural Economists 135483, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q27 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Issues in International Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phalan, Ben & Balmford, Andrew & Green, Rhys E. & Scharlemann, Jörn P.W., 2011. "Minimising the harm to biodiversity of producing more food globally," Food Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages S62-S71.
- Phalan, Ben & Balmford, Andrew & Green, Rhys E. & Scharlemann, Jörn P.W., 2011. "Minimising the harm to biodiversity of producing more food globally," Food Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 36(Supplemen), pages S62-S71, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- A short bibliography on CAP greening - by Alan Matthews
by Alan Matthews in CAP Reform.eu on 2013-05-04 16:11:51
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.