Quando gli investimenti rappresentano un vincolo. Contributo alla discussione sulla crisi italiana nella crisi internazionale
AbstractThe article continues the debate on the "crisis within the crisis" that characterises Italy's economy. The authors argue that while the international and specifically the European crisis greatly contributed to the deterioration of Italy's economic prospects, the country is affected by longer term issues of its own. To analyse such problems, the article focuses on the growing inability of the Italian private sector to innovate. It does so by analysing in a comparative perspective private sector expenditure for fixed investments and for research and development. The policy conclusions are surprising in so far as a surge of investments would seriously risk to negatively contribute to Italy's current account, thus further aggravating.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economia civile in its journal Moneta e Credito.
Volume (Year): 66 (2013)
Issue (Month): 262 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economiacivile.it
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hiroaki Sasaki, 2008. "North-South Ricardian trade and growth under the balance-of-payments constraint," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 31(2), pages 299-324, December.
- Anna Giunta & Francesco Trivieri, 2007. "Understanding the determinants of information technology adoption: evidence from Italian manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1325-1334.
- Luigi L. Pasinetti, 2001. "The Principle of Effective Demand and Its Relevance in the Long Run," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 23(3), pages 383-390, April.
- Dulleck, Uwe & Foster, Neil, 2008.
"Imported Equipment, Human Capital and Economic Growth in Developing Countries,"
Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP),
Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(2), pages 233-250, September.
- Uwe Dulleck & Neil Foster, 2007. "Imported Equipment, Human Capital and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," NCER Working Paper Series 16, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000.
"Does the "New Economy" Measure Up to the Great Inventions of the Past?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 49-74, Fall.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000. "Does the "New Economy" Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," NBER Working Papers 7833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 2000. "Does the 'New Economy' Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012.
"To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2012-02, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012. "To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC71097, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Aug 2012.
- Leon Paolo, 1999. "L'economia della riforma," Economia della Cultura, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 141-146.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Modelli di crescita limitata dalla bilancia dei pagamenti: storia e panoramica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(256), pages 319-367.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990.
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Federico Barbiellini Amidei & John Cantwell & Anna Spadavecchia, 2011. "Innovation and Foreign Technology in Italy,1861-2011," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 07, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Paul Davidson, 2001. "The Principle of Effective Demand: Another View," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 23(3), pages 391-409, April.
- Bowles, Samuel & Gintis, Herbert, 1975. "The Problem with Human Capital Theory-A Marxian Critique," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 74-82, May.
- Daniela Palma & Stefano Prezioso, 2010. "Progresso tecnico e dinamica del prodotto in un'economia "in ritardo"," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(1), pages 33-74.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview,"
Studies in Economics
1111, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2010. "Le origini culturali della crisi," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 63(250), pages 107-118.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2013. "Le politiche di austerita' sono sbagliate," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(262), pages 121-128.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2013. "Introduzione: L'Unione Europea e' "mammona" (Introduction: A Pansy European Union)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(264), pages 377 - 395.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.