The Effectiveness of Development Assistance as a Means of Increasing the Official Development Assistance Impact
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to analyse in depth the EU and international efforts in the field of increasing the ODA effectiveness with respect to the situation of poverty in the developing world, development assistance management, and the current initiatives on searching for potential solutions to this crucial issue. In connection with poverty traps in developing countries, the EU has come up with many important initiatives in the field of international development policy and its effectiveness, which indicates a strong commitment of Member States towards poverty eradication. In any case, there is always a need to pay attention to the principles of effectiveness of ODA and improving its quality and impact. The international community together with the EU Member States should consider carefully the limits to the absorption capacity of developing countries and the relationship between ODA increases and ODA effectiveness.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Economics, Prague in its journal Acta Oeconomica Pragensia.
Volume (Year): 2009 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Postal: Redakce Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oecd, 2002. "Development Co-operation Review of Canada," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 9-85.
- Oecd, 2002. "Development Co-operation Review of The United States," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 15-129.
- Oecd, 2002. "Development Co-operation Review of Greece," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 13-80.
- Oecd, 2002. "Development Co-operation Review of Spain," OECD Journal on Development, OECD Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 11-67.
- Anis Chowdhury & Terry McKinley, 2006. "Gearing macroeconomic polices to manage large inflows of ODA: The implications for HIV/AIDS programmes," Working Papers 17, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.