Food Aid: Is It Development Assistance, Trade Promotion, Both, or Neither?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 80 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mkumbwa, Solomon S., 2011. "Cereal food commodities in Eastern Africa: consumption - production gap trends and projections for 2020," MPRA Paper 42113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1999.
"Does Food Aid Stabilize Food Availability?,"
14757, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food Aid And Commercial International Food Trade," Working Papers 14742, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Who gets the goods? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 107-119, April.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2005.
"Does Food Aid Harm the Poor? Household Evidence from Ethiopia,"
NBER Working Papers
11048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2007. "Does Food Aid Harm the Poor? Household Evidence from Ethiopia," NBER Chapters, in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 561-598 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mabuza, Majola Lawrence & Hendriks, Sheryl L. & Ortmann, Gerald F. & Sithole, M.M., 2009. "The impact of food aid on maize prices and production in Swaziland," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 48(1), March.
- Barrett, Christopher B & Mohapatra, Sandeep & Snyder, Donald L, 1999.
"The Dynamic Effects of U.S. Food Aid,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 647-56, October.
- Lowder, Sarah K. & Southgate, Douglas & Rodriguez-Meza, Jorge, 2004. "A Post Schultzian View Of Food Aid, Trade And Developing Country Cereal Production: Results Of A Vector Autoregression On Panel Data Using Fixed Effects," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19919, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Margaret McMillan & Alix Peterson Zwane & Nava Ashraf, 2005.
"My Policies or Yours: Does OECD Support for Agriculture Increase Poverty in Developing Countries?,"
NBER Working Papers
11289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margaret S. McMillan & Alix Peterson Zwane & Nava Ashraf, 2007. "My Policies or Yours: Does OECD Support for Agriculture Increase Poverty in Developing Countries?," NBER Chapters, in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 183-240 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Neumayer, 2005.
"Is the allocation of food aid free from donor interest bias?,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
16689, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eric Neumayer, 2005. "Is the Allocation of Food Aid Free from Donor Interest Bias?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 394-411.
- James Levinsohn & Margaret McMillan, 2004. "Computational Analysis of the U.S FTAs with Central America, Australia, And Morocco," Working Papers 526, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Barrett, C. B. & Heisey, K. C., 2002. "How effectively does multilateral food aid respond to fluctuating needs?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 477-491.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food Aid Effectiveness: "It'S The Targeting, Stupid!"," Working Papers 14754, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein & Clay, Daniel C., 2002. "Can Food-for-Work Programmes Reduce Vulnerability?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.