Commodity Price Dynamics and Anticipated Shocks
AbstractIn this paper we address the robustness of overshooting hypothesis in agricultural prices. We find that agricultural prices may undershoot their long-run level if the economy experiences an anticipated monetary shock rather than an unanticipated monetary shock. We also find that agricultural prices definitely display undershooting if the price of manufactures adjusts instantaneously rather than sluggishly. Copyright 1996, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2005. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24711, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2007.
"Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Slovenia,"
103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain
9422, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Bojnec, Stefan & Ferto, Imre, 2006. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Slovenia," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25515, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Colin A. Carter & Gordon C. Rausser & Aaron Smith, 2011. "Commodity Booms and Busts," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 87-118, October.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2005. "The Influence of Macroeconomic Variables on the Hungarian Agriculture," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19232, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Hu, Shih-Wen & Tai, Meng-Yi & Wang, Vey, 2011. "Monetary policy announcements and stock price dynamics in a small open economy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 520-531, October.
- Dahl, Christian M. & Iglesias, Emma M., 2009. "Volatility spill-overs in commodity spot prices: New empirical results," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 601-607, May.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltan & Ferto, Imre, 2009. "Monetary Impacts and Overshooting of Agricultural Prices in a Transition Economy: The Case of Hungary," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51798, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sengupta, Jonaki & Nag, Ranjanendra Narayan & Goswami, Bhaskar, 2013. "Terms of trade, capital accumulation and the macro-economy in a developing country: a theoretical analysis," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 115(3), December.
- Wang, Vey & Lai, Chung-Hui & Hu, Shih-Wen & Cheng, Chia-Hui, 2007.
[The impact of stock market policy announcement on commodity prices and share prices]," MPRA Paper 31178, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lai, Ching-Chong & Hu, Shih-Wen & Fan, Chih-Ping, 2005. "The Overshooting Hypothesis of Agricultural Prices: The Role of Asset Substitutability," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), April.
- Shahnoushi, Naser & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Manssori, Hooman, 2009. "An Examination of the Relationship between Food Prices and Government Monetary Policies in Iran," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46078, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Asjaha, T.A. & Jooste, Andre, 2007. "The Effect of Monetary Changes on Relative Agricultural Prices," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(4), December.
- Chen, Li-Ju & Ye, Chusheng & Hu, Shih-Wen & Wang, Vey & Wen, Jiandong, 2013. "The Effect of a Target Zone on the Stabilization of Agricultural Prices and Farmers' Nominal Income," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.