Submission to the Productivity Commission inquiry on housing affordability
AbstractChanges in house prices matter for the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (the Bank), both through their cyclical implications for monetary policy and the longer-term implications of the level of house prices for macroeconomic and financial stability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its journal Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 74 (2011)
Issue (Month): (September)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leslie Hull, 2003. "Financial deregulation and household indebtedness," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2003/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2011.
"Time-Varying Returns, Intertemporal Substitution and Cyclical Variation in Consumption,"
CAMA Working Papers
2011-14, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- De Veirman Emmanuel & Dunstan Ashley, 2011. "Time-Varying Returns, Intertemporal Substitution and Cyclical Variation in Consumption," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, July.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2011. "Time-varying returns, intertemporal substitution and cyclical variation in consumption," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2011/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Glaeser, Edward & Saiz, Albert & Gyourko, Joseph, 2008.
"Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles,"
2962640, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aida Caldera Sánchez & Åsa Johansson, 2011. "The Price Responsiveness of Housing Supply in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 837, OECD Publishing.
- Calista Cheung, 2011. "Policies to Rebalance Housing Markets in New Zealand," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 878, OECD Publishing.
- Emmanuel De Veirman & Ashley Dunstan, 2008. "How do Housing Wealth, Financial Wealth and Consumption Interact? Evidence from New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2008/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.