Strategic choices in inflation targeting: the New Zealand experience
AbstractA presentation by Murray Sherwin, Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, to a seminar on inflation targeting hosted by the International Monetary Fund and Central Bank of Brazil, 3-5 May 1999, Rio De Janiero.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its journal Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 62 (1999)
Issue (Month): (June)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaron Drew & Adrian Orr, 1999. "The Reserve Bank's role in the recent business cycle: actions and evolutions," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 62, March.
- Dr Donald Brash, 1999. "Inflation targeting: an alternative way of achieving price stability," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 62, March.
- David Mayes & Brendon Riches, 1996. "The effectiveness of monetary policy in New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 59, March.
- Peter Nicholl & David Archer, 1992. "An announced downward path for inflation," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 55, December.
- Beechey, Meredith & Österholm, Pär, 2010. "Forecasting inflation in an inflation-targeting regime: A role for informative steady-state priors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 248-264, April.
- Murray Sherwin., 2000. "Institutional frameworks for inflation targeting?," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 63, December.
- Lucotte, Yannick, 2012. "Adoption of inflation targeting and tax revenue performance in emerging market economies: An empirical investigation," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 609-628.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.