Survey of developments in the theory of continuous skewed distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome in its journal Metron.
Volume (Year): LXIII (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arjun Gupta & John Chen, 2004. "A class of multivariate skew-normal models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 305-315, June.
- Nadarajah, Saralees & Kotz, Samuel, 2003. "Skewed distributions generated by the normal kernel," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 269-277, November.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2001. "Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 381-387, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Anna Clara Monti, 2003. "A note on the estimation of the skew normal and the skew exponential power distributions," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 205-219.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
- Adelchi Azzalini, 2001. "A note on regions of given probability of the skew-normal distribution," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3-4), pages 26-34.
- Marc Genton & Nicola Loperfido, 2005. "Generalized skew-elliptical distributions and their quadratic forms," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 389-401, June.
- Gupta, Arjun K. & González-Farías, Graciela & Domínguez-Molina, J. Armando, 2004. "A multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 181-190, April.
- Monica Chiogna, 1998. "Some results on the scalar Skew-normal distribution," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Liseo, Brunero & Loperfido, Nicola, 2003. "A Bayesian interpretation of the multivariate skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 395-401, February.
- Fang, B. Q., 2003. "The skew elliptical distributions and their quadratic forms," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 298-314, November.
- Fernández, C. & Steel, M.F.J., 1996. "On Bayesian Modelling of Fat Tails and Skewness," Discussion Paper 1996-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Arellano-Valle, R. B. & del Pino, G. & San Martín, E., 2002. "Definition and probabilistic properties of skew-distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 111-121, June.
- Yanyuan Ma & Marc G. Genton, 2004. "Flexible Class of Skew-Symmetric Distributions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 459-468.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessio Farcomeni).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.