Skew t distributions via the sinh-arcsinh transformation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal TEST.
Volume (Year): 20 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120411
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-30, August.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- M. C. Jones & M. J. Faddy, 2003. "A skew extension of the "t"-distribution, with applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 159-174.
- Averous, J. & Fougères, A. -L. & Meste, M., 1996. "Tailweight with respect to the mode for unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 367-373, August.
- Frank Critchley & M. C. Jones, 2008. "Asymmetry and Gradient Asymmetry Functions: Density-Based Skewness and Kurtosis," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 35(3), pages 415-437.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Marc G. Genton, 2008. "Robust Likelihood Methods Based on the Skew-"t" and Related Distributions," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(1), pages 106-129, 04.
- Branco, Márcia D. & Dey, Dipak K., 2001. "A General Class of Multivariate Skew-Elliptical Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-113, October.
- Boshnakov, Georgi N., 2007. "Some measures for asymmetry of distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1111-1116, June.
- Yanyuan Ma & Marc G. Genton, 2004. "Flexible Class of Skew-Symmetric Distributions," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 459-468.
- M.C. Jones, 2007. "Connecting Distributions with Power Tails on the Real Line, the Half Line and the Interval," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 75(1), pages 58-69, 04.
- Jones, M.C., 2012. "Relationships between distributions with certain symmetries," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(9), pages 1737-1744.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.