Generalized skew-Cauchy distribution
AbstractIn this work we investigate the generalized skew-symmetric distributions. Suppose Y is an absolutely continuous random variable symmetric about 0 with probability density function f and cumulative distribution function F. If a random variable X satisfies , then X is said to have a generalized skew distribution of F (or f). The generalized skew-Cauchy (GSC) distribution are considered and special examples of GSC distribution are presented. Some of these examples are generated from generalized skew-normal or generalized skew-t distributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Gupta, Arjun K. & González-Farías, Graciela & Domínguez-Molina, J. Armando, 2004. "A multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 181-190, April.
- Nadarajah, Saralees & Kotz, Samuel, 2003. "Skewed distributions generated by the normal kernel," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 269-277, November.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Wang, Jiuzhou & Boyer, Joseph & Genton, Marc G., 2004. "A note on an equivalence between chi-square and generalized skew-normal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 395-398, March.
- Monica Chiogna, 1998. "Some results on the scalar Skew-normal distribution," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2006. "Quadratic forms of multivariate skew normal-symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 871-879, May.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2002. "Statistical implications of selectively reported inferential results," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Arjun Gupta & Truc Nguyen & Jose Sanqui, 2004. "Characterization of the skew-normal distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 351-360, June.
- Loperfido, Nicola, 2001. "Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 381-387, October.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.