Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors
AbstractThe sum of squares and products matrix has a Wishart distribution, when the rows of the corresponding data matrix are i.i.d. according to a skew-normal distribution centered at the origin. Applications include robustness of the t-test, time series and spatial statistics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 54 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Genton, Marc G., 2005. "On fundamental skew distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 93-116, September.
- Samuel Kotz & Donatella Vicari, 2005. "Survey of developments in the theory of continuous skewed distributions," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 225-261.
- Fang, B.Q., 2008. "Noncentral matrix quadratic forms of the skew elliptical variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1105-1127, July.
- Fang, B.Q., 2005. "Noncentral quadratic forms of the skew elliptical variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 410-430, August.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2006. "Quadratic forms of multivariate skew normal-symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 871-879, May.
- Behboodian, J. & Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2006. "A new class of skew-Cauchy distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(14), pages 1488-1493, August.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2007. "Generalized skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1137-1147, June.
- A. Jamalizadeh & A. Arabpour & N. Balakrishnan, 2011. "A generalized skew two-piece skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 431-446, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.