Quadratic forms of skew-normal random vectors
AbstractThe sum of squares and products matrix has a Wishart distribution, when the rows of the corresponding data matrix are i.i.d. according to a skew-normal distribution centered at the origin. Applications include robustness of the t-test, time series and spatial statistics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 54 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnold, Barry C. & Beaver, Robert J., 2000. "The skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Genton, Marc G. & He, Li & Liu, Xiangwei, 2001. "Moments of skew-normal random vectors and their quadratic forms," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 319-325, February.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Fang, B.Q., 2008. "Noncentral matrix quadratic forms of the skew elliptical variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1105-1127, July.
- Fang, B.Q., 2005. "Noncentral quadratic forms of the skew elliptical variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 410-430, August.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2007. "Generalized skew-Cauchy distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1137-1147, June.
- Arellano-Valle, Reinaldo B. & Genton, Marc G., 2005. "On fundamental skew distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 93-116, September.
- Behboodian, J. & Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2006. "A new class of skew-Cauchy distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(14), pages 1488-1493, August.
- Samuel Kotz & Donatella Vicari, 2005. "Survey of developments in the theory of continuous skewed distributions," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 225-261.
- Huang, Wen-Jang & Chen, Yan-Hau, 2006. "Quadratic forms of multivariate skew normal-symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(9), pages 871-879, May.
- A. Jamalizadeh & A. Arabpour & N. Balakrishnan, 2011. "A generalized skew two-piece skew-normal distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 431-446, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.