Portfolio allocation and asset demand with mean-variance preferences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 70 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Mean; Variance; Elasticity of risk aversion; D81;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Tyge Nielsen & Fatma Lajeri, 2000.
"Parametric characterizations of risk aversion and prudence,"
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 469-476.
- Lajeri, Fatma & Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1997. "Parametric Characterizations of Risk Aversion and Prudence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Meyer, Jack, 1987. "Two-moment Decision Models and Expected Utility Maximization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 421-30, June.
- Meyer, Jack & Rasche, Robert H, 1992. "Sufficient Conditions for Expected Utility to Imply Mean-Standard Deviation Rankings: Empirical Evidence Concerning the Location and Scale Condition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 91-106, January.
- Hadar, Josef & Seo, Tae Kun, 1990. "The Effects of Shifts in a Return Distribution on Optimal Portfolios," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(3), pages 721-36, August.
- Meyer, Jack & Ormiston, Michael B, 1994. "The Effect on Optimal Portfolios of Changing the Return to a Risky Asset: The Case of Dependent Risky Returns," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 603-12, August.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2003. "Variance Vulnerability, Background Risks, and Mean-Variance Preferences," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(2), pages 173-184, December.
- Peter C. Fishburn & R. Burr Porter, 1976. "Optimal Portfolios with One Safe and One Risky Asset: Effects of Changes in Rate of Return and Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(10), pages 1064-1073, June.
- Larry G. Epstein & Stephen M. Tanny, 1980. "Increasing Generalized Correlation: A Definition and Some Economic Consequences," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 16-34, February.
- Lajeri-Chaherli, Fatma, 2003. "Partial derivatives, comparative risk behavior and concavity of utility functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 81-99, August.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 2001. "Mean-Variance Preferences and Investor Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(474), pages 849-61, October.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1990. "Existence of equilibrium in CAPM," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 223-231, October.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1985. "Decreasing Risk Aversion and Mean-Variance Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 945-61, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.