Does only size matter in the use of knowledge intensive services?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Knowledge intensive services; Technological centres; Innovation; L80; L20; L52; L26;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tether, Bruce S. & Hipp, Christiane & Miles, Ian, 2001. "Standardisation and particularisation in services: evidence from Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1115-1138, August.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "Localized Technological Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200305, University of Turin.
- João Proença & Luís Castro, 2007. "The business-to-business relationship dimensions in financial services markets," Service Business, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 63-78, March.
- Nooteboom, B., 2007.
"Service Value Chains and Effects of Scale,"
2007-3, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Elena Huergo & Jordi Jaumandreu, 2004. "How Does Probability of Innovation Change with Firm Age?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 193-207, 04.
- Colin Wren, 2002. "Evaluating the effect of soft business support upon small firm performance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 334-365, April.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Spielkamp, Alfred, 2000.
"Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
00-52, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Alfred Spielkamp, 2003. "Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 1-30, March.
- Drejer, Ina, 2004. "Identifying innovation in surveys of services: a Schumpeterian perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-562, April.
- Tomas Del Barrio-Castro & Jose Garcia-Quevedo, 2005. "Effects of university research on the geography of innovation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1217-1229.
- Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo, 1998. "Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 881-899, December.
- Bruce Tether, 2003. "The sources and aims of innovation in services: Variety between and within sectors," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 481-505.
- Leon Oerlemans & Marius Meeus, 2005. "Do Organizational and Spatial Proximity Impact on Firm Performance?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 89-104.
- David Smallbone & Robert Baldock & David North, 2003. "Policy support for small firms in rural areas: the English experience," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(6), pages 825-841, December.
- Kevin Mole, 2002. "Street-level technocracy in UK small business support: Business Links, personal business advisers, and the Small Business Service," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(2), pages 179-194, April.
- Audretsch, David B & Klomp, Luuk & Thurik, A R Roy, 1997.
"Do Services Differ From Manufacturing? The Post-Entry Performance of Firms in Dutch Services,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1718, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- D.B. Audretsch & Luuk Klomp & A.R. Thurik, 1998. "Do Services differ from Manufacturing? The Post-Entry Performance of Firms in Dutch Services," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-012/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- James Curran & David J Storey, 2002. "Small business policy in the United Kingdom: the inheritance of the Small Business Service and implications for its future effectiveness," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(2), pages 163-177, April.
- Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea, 2001. "Business services as actors of knowledge transformation: the role of KIBS in regional and national innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1501-1516, December.
- López-Estornell,Manuel & Barberá-Tomás,David & García-Reche,Andrés & Mas-Verdú,Francisco, 2012. "Evolution of innovation policy in Emilia-Romagna and Valencia: Similar reality, similar results?," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201210, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Gotsch, Matthias & Hipp, Christiane & Gallego, J. & Rubalcaba, L., 2011. "Sectoral innovation performance in the knowledge intensive services," Working Paper Series 11, Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU Cottbus), Chair of Organization, Human Resource & General Management.
- Helena Maria Ferreira Rêgo & Celeste Amorim Varum & Anabela Carneiro, 2010. "Empresas Estrangeiras e Capital Humano nos Serviços Intensivos em Conhecimento," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 32, pages 06-21, December.
- José García-Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & Daniel Montolio, 2011.
"What type of innovative firms acquire knowledge intensive services and from which suppliers?,"
2011/22, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- García-Quevedo, José & Mas-Verdú, Francisco & Montolio, Daniel, 2011. "What type of innovative firms acquire knowledge intensive services and from which suppliers?," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201108, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2009. "R&D in SMEs: a paradox?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 3-11, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.