Innovation in the service sector: The demand for service-specific innovation measurement concepts and typologies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Barras, Richard, 1986. "Towards a theory of innovation in services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 161-173, August.
- Faridah Djellal & Dominique Francoz & Camal Gallouj & Fa�z Gallouj & Yves Jacquin, 2003. "Revising the definition of research and development in the light of the specificities of services," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 415-429, December.
- Ulrich Schmoch, 2003. "Service marks as novel innovation indicator," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 149-156, August.
- Licht, Georg & Moch, Dietmar, 1997.
"Innovation and Information Technology in Services,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
97-20, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Georg Licht & Dietmar Moch, 1999. "Innovationa and information technology in services," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1968. "The Service Economy," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch68-1, December.
- Drejer, Ina, 2004. "Identifying innovation in surveys of services: a Schumpeterian perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 551-562, April.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, June.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Brouwer, E. & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1995. "An Innovation survey in services: The experience with the CIS questionnaire in the Netherlands," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5662241, Tilburg University.
- Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo, 1998. "Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 881-899, December.
- Valentina De Marchi, 2010.
"Cooperation Toward Environmental Innovation: an Empirical Investigation,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0119, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- De Marchi, Valentina, 2012. "Environmental innovation and R&D cooperation: Empirical evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 614-623.
- Criscuolo, Paola & Salter, Ammon & Sheehan, Tony, 2007. "Making knowledge visible: Using expert yellow pages to map capabilities in professional services firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1603-1619, December.
- Judith Sutz, 2012. "Measuring innovation in developing countries: some suggestions to achieve more accurate and useful indicators," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 40-57.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2008.
"Technological paradigms, regimes and trajectories: Manufacturing and service industries in a new taxonomy of sectoral patterns of innovation,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 978-994, July.
- Fulvio, Castellacci, 2007. "Technological paradigms, regimes and trajectories: Manufacturing and service industries in a new taxonomy of sectoral patterns of innovation," MPRA Paper 26408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "The global crisis and firms’ investments in innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 24-35.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012.
"To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers
JRC71097, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Aug 2012.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012. "To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2012-02, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Crass, Dirk & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "Do trademarks diminish the substitutability of products in innovative knowledge-intensive services?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-061, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Thrane, Sof & Blaabjerg, Steen & Møller, Rasmus Hannemann, 2010. "Innovative path dependence: Making sense of product and service innovation in path dependent innovation processes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 932-944, September.
- Hipp, Christiane B. & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2006. "Patterns of innovation and protection activities within service companies: Results from a German study on service-intensive companies," Working Papers 45, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Philipp Schautschick & Christine Greenhalgh, 2013.
"Empirical Studies of Trade Marks: The Existing Economic Literature,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2013n25, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Philipp Schautschick, 2013. "Empirical studies of trade marks - the existing economic literature," Economics Series Working Papers 659, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Trigo, Alexandre & Vence, Xavier, 2012. "Scope and patterns of innovation cooperation in Spanish service enterprises," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 602-613.
- Sam Tavassoli & Nunzia Carbonara, 2013. "The Role of Knowledge Variety and Intensity for Regional Innovative Capability - Swedish evidence," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1317, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Oct 2013.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2007. "Reducing the demand uncertainties at the fuzzy-front-end of developing new online services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1372-1387, November.
- Tether, Bruce S. & Tajar, Abdelouahid, 2008. "The organisational-cooperation mode of innovation and its prominence amongst European service firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 720-739, May.
- Weck, Mona & Blomqvist, Kirsimarja, 2008. "The role of inter-organizational relationships in the development of patents: A knowledge-based approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1329-1336, September.
- Gotsch, Matthias & Hipp, Christiane & Gallego, J. & Rubalcaba, L., 2011. "Sectoral innovation performance in the knowledge intensive services," Working Paper Series 11, Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU Cottbus), Chair of Organization, Human Resource & General Management.
- Orfila-Sintes, Francina & Mattsson, Jan, 2009. "Innovation behavior in the hotel industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 380-394, April.
- Criscuolo, Paola & Nicolaou, Nicos & Salter, Ammon, 2012. "The elixir (or burden) of youth? Exploring differences in innovation between start-ups and established firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 319-333.
- Marina Doroshenko, 2011. "Innovative Potential of the Knowledge-Intensive Services Sector in Russia," Foresight-Russia, National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 5(4), pages 50-65.
- Salge, Torsten Oliver, 2012. "The temporal trajectories of innovative search: Insights from public hospital services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 720-733.
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitri Vinogradov, 2013. "Knowledge Intensive Business Services As Generators Of Innovations," HSE Working papers WP BRP 12/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.