Informed traders of cross-listed shares trade more in the domestic market around earnings releases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 36 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Cross-listing; Market fragmentation; Information asymmetry; Liquidity; Probability of informed trading; Regime-switching model; Error correction model; G14; G15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shafiqur Rahman & Chandrasekhar Krishnamurti & Alice Lee, 2005. "The Dynamics of Security Trades, Quote Revisions, and Market Depths for Actively Traded Stocks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 91-124, September.
- I. Krinsky & J. Lee, 1996. "Earning Announcements and the Components of the Bid-Ask Aspread," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 313, McMaster University.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen & Saar, Gideon, 2001. "How Stock Splits Affect Trading: A Microstructure Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 25-51, March.
- Pagano, Marco, 1986.
"Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
142, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tarun Chordia, 2001. "Market Liquidity and Trading Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 501-530, 04.
- Gagnon, Louis & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2004.
"Multi-market Trading and Arbitrage,"
Working Paper Series
2004-9, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Huddart, Steven & Hughes, John S. & Brunnermeier, Markus, 1999.
"Disclosure requirements and stock exchange listing choice in an international context,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 237-269, January.
- John S. Hughes & Steven Huddart & Markus K Brunnermeier, 1998. "Disclosure Requirements and Stock Exchange Listing Choice in an International Context," FMG Discussion Papers dp282, Financial Markets Group.
- Bailey, Warren & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Salva, Carolina, 2004.
"The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure:Evidence from International Cross-Listings,"
Working Paper Series
2004-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Bailey, Warren & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Salva, Carolina, 2006. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure: Evidence from international cross-listings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 175-213, July.
- Amihud, Yakov & Lauterbach, Beni & Mendelson, Haim, 2003. "The Value of Trading Consolidation: Evidence from the Exercise of Warrants," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(04), pages 829-846, December.
- Halling, Michael & Pagano, Marco & Randl, Otto & Zechner, Josef, 2005. "Where is the Market? Evidence from Cross-Listings," CEPR Discussion Papers 4987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven Cahan & David Emanuel & Jerry Sun, 2009. "The effect of earnings quality and country-level institutions on the value relevance of earnings," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 371-391, November.
- Noronha, Gregory M. & Sarin, Atulya & Saudagaran, Shahrokh M., 1996. "Testing for micro-structure effects of international dual listings using intraday data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 965-983, July.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1995. "Consolidation, Fragmentation, and the Disclosure of Trading Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 579-603.
- Koski, Jennifer Lynch & Michaely, Roni, 2000. "Prices, Liquidity, and the Information Content of Trades," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 659-96.
- Atkins, Allen B & Dyl, Edward A, 1997. "Market Structure and Reported Trading Volume: NASDAQ versus the NYSE," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(3), pages 291-304, Fall.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1908, David K. Levine.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Zhang, Hao, 2002. "Intraday Market Price Integration for Shares Cross-Listed Internationally," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 243-269, June.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- Sergei Sarkissian, 2004. "The Overseas Listing Decision: New Evidence of Proximity Preference," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 769-809.
- Donald W. K. Andrews & Moshe Buchinsky, 2000. "A Three-Step Method for Choosing the Number of Bootstrap Repetitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 23-52, January.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1998. "Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 51-87, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.