Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 1 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christie, William G & Harris, Jeffrey H & Schultz, Paul H, 1994. " Why Did NASDAQ Market Makers Stop Avoiding Odd-Eighth Quotes?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1841-60, December.
- Stephen R Foerster & G Andrew Karolyi, 1993. "International Listings of Stocks: The Case of Canada and the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(4), pages 763-784, December.
- Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Market Making, the Tick Size, and Payment-for-Order Flow: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 543-75, October.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1996. "Tick Size, Spread, and Volume," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M., 1997. "Nasdaq market structure and spread patterns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 61-89, July.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1997. "The degree of price resolution and equity trading costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 9-34, July.
- Lorne N. Switzer & Haibo Fan, 2010. "Limit Orders, Trading Activity, and Transactions Costs in Equity Futures in an Electronic Trading Environment," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 2(1), pages 11-35, April.
- Ascioglu, Asli & Comerton-Forde, Carole & McInish, Thomas H., 2010. "An examination of minimum tick sizes on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 40-48, January.
- He, Yan & Wu, Chunchi, 2004. "Price rounding and bid-ask spreads before and after the decimalization," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 19-41.
- Harald Hau, 2006.
"The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 862-890, 06.
- Hau, Harald, 2002. "The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Degryse, H.A. & Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Ravenswaaij, M. van & Wuyts, G., 2002.
"Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market,"
2002-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans Degryse & Frank Jong & Maarten Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Review of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242, 06.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Chan, Kalok & Hamao, Yasushi, 2007. "Tick size change and liquidity provision on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 173-194, June.
- Lawrence Kryzanowski & Skander Lazrak, 2011. "Informed traders of cross-listed shares trade more in the domestic market around earnings releases," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Kee Chung & Jangkoo Kang & Joon-Seok Kim, 2011. "Tick size, market structure, and market quality," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 57-81, January.
- Bacidore, Jeffrey M., 2001. "Decimalization, adverse selection, and market maker rents," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 829-855, May.
- Mittoo, Usha R., 2003. "Globalization and the value of US listing: Revisiting Canadian evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1629-1661, September.
- Griffiths, Mark D. & Smith, Brian F. & Turnbull, D. Alasdair S. & White, Robert W., 1998. "The Role of Tick Size in Upstairs Trading and Downstairs Trading," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 393-417, October.
- Large, Jeremy, 2009.
"A market-clearing role for inefficiency on a limit order book,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 102-117, January.
- Jeremy Large, 2006. "A Market-Clearing Role for Inefficiency on a Limit Order Book," Economics Papers 2006-W08, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ryan J. Davies, 2001. "Matching and the Estimated Impact of Inter-listing (updated July 2003)," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2001-11, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Jun 2003.
- He, Yan & Wu, Chunchi, 2006. "Is stock price rounded for economic reasons in the Chinese markets?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 119-135, September.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rubalcava, Arturo, 2005. "International trade-venue clienteles and order-flow competitiveness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 86-113, January.
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-François L'Her & Jean-Marc Suret, 2007. "Competition and Survival of Stock Exchanges: Lessons From Canada," CIRANO Working Papers 2007s-26, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.