Earning Announcements and the Components of the Bid-Ask Aspread
AbstractThis study investigates the behaviour of the components of the bid-ask spread around earnings announcements. We find that adverse selection cost component significantly increases surrounding the announcements while the inventory holding and order processing components significantly decline during the same periods.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by McMaster University in its series Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports with number 313.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4M4
Phone: (905) 525-9140 ext. 22765
Fax: (905) 521-8232
Web page: http://www.mcmaster.ca/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, Mahendrarajah, 2013. "The 2007–2009 financial crisis and bank opaqueness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-84.
- Shino Takayama, 2013. "Price Manipulation, Dynamic Informed Trading and Tame Equilibria: Theory and Computation," Discussion Papers Series 492, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Himmelmann, Achim & Schiereck, Dirk, 2012. "Drug approval decisions: A note on stock liquidity effects," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 640-652.
- Lawrence Kryzanowski & Skander Lazrak, 2011. "Informed traders of cross-listed shares trade more in the domestic market around earnings releases," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-31, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.