A jump diffusion model for VIX volatility options and futures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 35 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Implied volatility; Jump diffusion; Option pricing; Volatility risk; G13; C51; C52;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yingzi Zhu & Jin E. Zhang, 2007. "Variance Term Structure And Vix Futures Pricing," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 111-127.
- Brenner, Menachem & Ou, Ernest Y. & Zhang, Jin E., 2006. "Hedging volatility risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 811-821, March.
- Grunbichler, Andreas & Longstaff, Francis A., 1996. "Valuing futures and options on volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 985-1001, July.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Jun Yu, 2003.
"Jackknifing Bond Option Prices,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1392, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jun Yu & Peter Phillips, 2004. "Jackknifing Bond Option Prices," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 115, Econometric Society.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven L. Heston & Saikat Nandi, 2000. "Derivatives on volatility: some simple solutions based on observables," Working Paper 2000-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Blair, Bevan J. & Poon, Ser-Huang & Taylor, Stephen J., 2001. "Forecasting S&P 100 volatility: the incremental information content of implied volatilities and high-frequency index returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 5-26, November.
- Sanjiv R. Das & Rangarajan K. Sundaram, 1998.
"Of Smiles and Smirks: A Term-Structure Perspective,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
98-024, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Das, Sanjiv Ranjan & Sundaram, Rangarajan K., 1999. "Of Smiles and Smirks: A Term Structure Perspective," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 211-239, June.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Ju, Nengjiu & Ou-Yang, Hui, 2006. "Estimation of continuous-time models with an application to equity volatility dynamics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 227-249, October.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- S. G. Kou, 2002. "A Jump-Diffusion Model for Option Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 1086-1101, August.
- Dotsis, George & Psychoyios, Dimitris & Skiadopoulos, George, 2007. "An empirical comparison of continuous-time models of implied volatility indices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3584-3603, December.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-52.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Kaeck, Andreas & Alexander, Carol, 2013. "Continuous-time VIX dynamics: On the role of stochastic volatility of volatility," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 46-56.
- Bao, Qunfang & Li, Shenghong & Gong, Donggeng, 2012. "Pricing VXX option with default risk and positive volatility skew," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(1), pages 246-255.
- Bao, Qunfang, 2013. "Mean-Reverting Logarithmic Modeling of VIX," MPRA Paper 46413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.