Leaving Home in Europe: The Role of Parents’ and Children’s Incomes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Economics of the Household.
Volume (Year): 4 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=109451
Leaving home; Altruism; Co-residence; Income distribution; Intergenerational transfers; D64; J12;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ermisch, John & Di Salvo, Pamela, 1997. "The Economic Determinants of Young People's Household Formation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(256), pages 627-44, November.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2002.
"Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-23.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2001. "Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-004, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- William Greene, 2004. "The behaviour of the maximum likelihood estimator of limited dependent variable models in the presence of fixed effects," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 98-119, 06.
- Ermisch, John F, 1996. "Parental Support for Human Capital Investment by Young Adults," CEPR Discussion Papers 1536, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ermisch, John, 1999.
"Prices, Parents, and Young People's Household Formation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-71, January.
- F. C. Wolff, 1999. "Altruisme et corésidence en France," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 164, pages 458-488.
- McElroy, Marjorie B, 1985. "The Joint Determination of Household Membership and Market Work: The Case of Young Men," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 293-316, July.
- Maite Martínez & J. Ruiz Castillo, .
"The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Maite Martínez-Granado & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2002. "The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 305-330.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1994. "Parental and Public Transfers to Young Women and Their Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1195-1212, December.
- repec:ese:iserwp:98-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Greene, W., 2001.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Nonlinear Models,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
01-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 225-38, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, .
"Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence,"
IPR working papers
95-22, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1997. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1121-66, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 65, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Elena Stancanelli, 2010. "Whose time? Who saves? Introduction to a special issue on couples’ savings, time use and children," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 289-296, September.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Del Boca, Daniela, 2010.
"Home-Leaving Decisions of Daughters and Sons,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Tue Gørgens, 2012.
"Parents' Economic Support of Young-Adult Children: Do Socioeconomic Circumstances Matter?,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2012n04, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Gorgens, Tue, 2012. "Parents' Economic Support of Young-Adult Children: Do Socioeconomic Circumstances Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 6376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anne Solaz & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2013. "Intergenerational correlation of domestic work: Does gender matter?," Working Papers halshs-00853391, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.